VMware virtual infrastructure software is used by enterprises large and small to increase the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of their IT operations. Find out how VMware software can help to consolidate servers, optimize software development and provide affordable business continuity.
Bring unmanageable server sprawl under control by using virtualization to run multiple workloads on fewer servers and to reduce future needs for physical servers.
As enterprises grow, IT organizations must rapidly add computing capacity—often in the form of new servers with a variety of operating environments. The resulting server sprawl is costly in terms of capital and people needed to operate, manage, and upgrade new servers.
Server consolidation and containment with VMware software provides a solution for these problems. Virtual infrastructure enables workload isolation and granular resource control for all of the system's computing and I/O resources. By consolidating physical systems in the data center onto servers with VMware virtual infrastructure, enterprises experience:
• Lower total cost of ownership of servers
• Higher server utilization
• Increased operational efficiency
• Improved manageability
Development & Test
Transform the software lifecycle by using virtualization to reduce costs, increase productivity, and improve quality in development and test.
CIOs are under constant pressure to deliver high-quality enterprise applications more quickly at a lower cost. While delivering quality software on time and on budget has never been easy, the task is further complicated by modern multi-tier architectures and multiple versions of operating systems, browsers, and firewalls.
Using the VMware virtualization platform for development and testing results in immediate improvement in time to market, costs, and quality. With VMware software, enterprise development organizations can:
• Consolidate servers and desktops used in test and development
• Copy exact multi-module production environment into virtual machines for testing
• Share complete environments among different teams
• Eliminate repetitive configuration tasks from development and testing cycles
• Simulate complex multi-tier applications on a single physical platform
Reduce downtime by making high availability and disaster recovery solutions more cost-effective, simpler, and more reliable.
Each year hundreds of data centers worldwide will experience significant service interruptions. These businesses will be threatened by a range of problems including software failures, hardware failures, viruses, and more. In a world where business operates every hour of the day, ensuring business continuity is critical to ensuring business survival.
As a result, business continuity has become a requirement for corporate IT strategies and has gained visibility throughout all levels of management up to the CEO. Using virtual infrastructure, IT managers can improve all aspects of business continuity by realizing:
• Faster, more flexible, and more reliable disaster recovery at a lower cost
• Significant reductions in planned and unplanned downtime
• Simplified and repeatable processes for implementing business continuity solutions Tillbaka